It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientologists.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Anyone have any info? I heard that they commit attrocious acts to members that have done wrong by them (for example, I heard that people get locked in cages). I also heard that Scientologists arent allowed to see doctors. Are these things true? And what do you think of Scientology?

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sorry, I think I may have put this in the wrong place.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Have you read the story of Linda Mcphearson, a member of the church of scientology who was tortured and killed? its quite interesting and bizarre. She submitted herself to sort of a hospital of scientology where they subjected her to all of these drugs and starved/made her thirst to death. all along she was convinced that this was all for the good of her spiritual growth. she eventually died an "accidental" hospital death.

well i cant find a decent link with decent information. Ive seen an article with detailed information on exactly what happened,but i cant find it. this link will give you an idea though..

linda mcpherson

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Are n`t Tom Cruise and John Travolta involved with these guys?

Heard some pretty weird stuff about them, did n`t think they were that bad (linda MacPherson)

They had an open day in the town where I live about three weeks ago, all seemed pretty innocent. Are they
a recognized religion or do they have some other status?

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Avoid them like the plague. And avoid talking about them.

www.clambake.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why avoid talking about them? But thanks a lot for the link, very informative and creepy.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Read what they did to a reporter named Paulette Cooper. They are ruthless in terminating opposition - which means people who expose the truth about them.

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A rule of thumb: Never become part of a "religion" that demands half of your salary

[Edited on 13-4-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on Apr, 13 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My sister and her husband once were Scientologists. I attended their wedding and would get all sorts of books for b-days, etc. But once they realized that they would need big bucks to climb the ladder, they got out. It wasn't easy for them to just walk out but they eventually did. The odd thing about their marriage it seemed to be almost arranged. She'd have these dealings with groups out of Florida, Chicago and the west coast...and for someone that didn't have a steady job she sure did a lot of travelling...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a thread like this but i was doing a search for something I am working on at the moment and noticed that this thread had the name as Linda Macpherson. That is not correct it was Lisa McPherson not Linda.

www.lisamcpherson.org...
On December 5, 1995, Lisa McPherson was dead on arrival at a hospital 45 minutes north of Clearwater Florida. According to the coroner's report, Lisa was underweight, severely dehydrated, and had bruises and bug bites (see the entire report here).
Lisa's last address was listed by the police as 210 S. Ft. Harrison in Clearwater Florida, which is the Fort Harrison Hotel, a Scientology property. Lisa had been a Scientologist from the age of 18 to her death at age 36.
On June 12, 2000 the criminal charges were dropped against Scientology because (so the prosecutor claims) the medical examiner could not be counted on to confidently testify, even though the criminal charges were abuse of a disabled person and practicing medicine without a license. You can read much of the Clearwater police department's evidence and Scientology's logs of Lisa's stay, view some of the autopsy photos, and decide for yourself. Then ask why Scientology now makes members sign a waiver specifically against suing Scientology over the Introspection Rundown:

www.lisamcpherson.com...
www.lisafiles.com...
www.lisafiles.com...
www.whyaretheydead.net...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Anyone thinking of joining Scientology only needs to look at the way Tom Cruise behaves.

Thats a better Anti-Scientology advertisement than any amount of money could buy.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Or just watch the Southpark episode on it. That still makes me laugh thinkin about it.

I must admit though that one of their premises is very intriguing, and one that I've kinda taken a liking to. The premise that we were brought here by another race of beings is very interesting to me, given all of the unexplained things on this planet, and the seeming connections to long-lost civilizations that are out there. But, even though I may share an ideal or two with them, it's not enough to make me give them half my money just to join their group. I'm not giving money to anyone to be a part of their religion. That's just silly.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Anyone have any other objective perspectives on Scientology?

I'm interested in unbiased perspectives, not media influenced perspectives.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by theBLESSINGofVISION
Anyone have any other objective perspectives on Scientology?

I'm interested in unbiased perspectives, not media influenced perspectives.

My only experience with them has been this.

1. They send you a "free" information package
2. INvite you along to be profiled.
3. Ask you for a hell of a lot of money for their Course / Learning Books.
4. Ask you for a hell of a lot of money for MORE books / lessons
4. Ask you for a hell of a lot of money for EVEN MORE books / Lessons.

etc etc.

In short - any religion that runs itself like a business and uses its believers as the major source of profit - aint worth the time or money.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Add to the fact this 'religion' was created by a science fiction writer (L Ron Hubbard?) who, at a lecture, once was quoted as saying something along the lines of "to make a lot of money, create a religion". Apparently they use hypnosis in sessions to aid their cause. This cult gives me the shivers.

- Naz

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Ok, I was perusing that link Researcher gave and found this very interesting. Apparently this "information" is given only to the very elite in the Scientology "religion".

www.clambake.org...

This secret "information" is given only to those who spend many dedicated years to Scientology, or you if you click the link

- Nazgarn

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
the guy who started scientology was a journalist i think, and wrote an article which virtually said the best way to get rich is to start a religon.
then a few years later he made up and started the scientology religon.
got that info off friend and he even gave me a link to the article, i'll try and get it

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by voodoo child
the guy who started scientology was a journalist i think

L Ron Hubbard founded Scientology. Prior to that he was a science fiction writter. He also wrote "Dianetics", which was popular as a self help book for a while and you might remember the commericials for it on TV, had a big volcano as the cover and image for the commerical, cited quotes from it, etc.

which virtually said the best way to get rich is to start a religon.

I have heard people say that Hubbard said this, but I haven't seen any authentication of this statement. Notice that even in this thread we see two different and conflicting versions of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
you should read the Lord Xenu story:

en.wikipedia.org...

Essentially according to Scientology, 75 million years ago in an effort to end over population within the galaxy, 'lord Xenu' gathered up all the alien races and froze them in alcohol and glycol, under the pretense of 'income taxes' or something. anyway they were flown to earth in which they were stacked at the base of a volcano and hydrogen bombs were lowered into the volcano and detonated.....according to scientology...all earth religions
Christianity, buddhism whatever are the results of the 'R6 implant'. which was accesed around the time of Christ.....

essentially Dianetics and Scientology are a huge croc and L. Ron Hubbard was reported to have a discussion with a colleague along the lines of 'to get rich, invent a religion'.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There's several instances of people claiming that they heard Hubbard said something along those lines.

Harlan Ellison claims he was there when Hubbard said that.

Reporter Neison Himmel, who was Hubbard's roommate and claims that he said that many times.

Sam Merwin, who was an editor, was at a science fiction group in Newark hosted by the writer, Sam Moskowitz, who had invited Hubbard to speak. Sam Merwin and Sam Moskowirz both claim he said something about how writing wasn't how to make money, starting a religion is.

Theodore Sturgeon, a science fiction author, claims he's heard Hubbard say the same thing back in the 1940s.

Lloyd Arthur Eshbach another science fiction writer claims Hubbard said something like this to himself, John W. Campbell, and Marty Greenberg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join